Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photography.



"When words become unclear,
I shall focus with photographs.
When images become inadequate,
I shall be content with silence"
-Ansel Adams



Photography to me is more than just a person and a camera; it is a way to remember life as beautiful.

Simply put, I love photography- not just capturing an image, but capturing personality on film. There is something special about photographing a person and seeing more than just their face. I love being able to take the time to get to know the soul of an individual and bring out the best in them through the eye of my lens.

As a kid, my life was full of "say cheese!" and "move a little to the left" while my dad was hanging upside down in a tree, trying to get the best angle of his little girls. Growing up around a photographer initially made me take for granted the beauty to be found in a quality photograph. As I got older, my Dad handed over his camera for me to experiment with and my life turned completely upside down. It was a slow beginning, as most beginnings seem to be, but I soon became obsessed with photography and still am.

I hope you all enjoy my blog. I will be posting pictures very soon!

-Megan Leigh

1 comment: